The development of assessment approaches for application in environmental radiological assessements has been moderately rapid over the last decade (2000-2010). As a consequence comparatively recent outputs have been superseded. Whilst these 'older' outputs are openly available their replacements should be used by preference. However, we recognise that it may not be obvious to all users which approaches have been superseded, here are the ones we are aware of:
- Transfer parameters available in the ERICA Tool replace those published in the EPIC and FASSET approaches.
- The RESRAD-BIOTA code replaces the BCG-calculator.
- The FREDERICA wildlife radition radiation effects database is an update of the FRED database.
- The England & Wales Environment Agency intend to replace their own approach (EA R&D128) with the ERICA Tool.
- The transfer parameters currently (December 2009) available within the ERICA Tool will be updated during 2010 using data being compiled within the Wildlife transfer database.